Monday, July 2, 2012

Women Are Never Quite So Happy As When They're Making Themselves A Little List

Five weeks from today, I'm moving into my new apartment and I've gone from kind of freaked out about it to full-on panic.  The source of my panic comes from two categories.  Category A involves the fact that I have a ton of stuff to do.  Category B involves the fact that I'm broke -- really broke -- until I get paid on July 11 or sell my car. 


Rather than sit and let the panic overwhelm me, I'm making a list of everything in Category A as a means of making it appear semi-manageable.

My to-do list can be found after the cut.

High Priority 
  1. Sell my car.  (This will, hopefully, be done this weekend.)
  2. Get new glasses.
  3. Get to the dentist.
  4. Order my new computer (The shipping estimate is 3-4 weeks.) 
  5. Get my immunization records from Kaiser and have them sent to school. 
Medium Priority
  1. Fill out a ton of paperwork and mail it to school by August 1.
  2. Have my official undergrad transcript sent to school by August 1.
  3. Laundry.  So. Much. Laundry.
  4. Get the stuff I have stored at friends' houses out of their houses and either sold or packed.
  5. Pack all the stuff that I have in my own apartment and sell anything that I'm not taking with me.
  6. Get together with my friends from undergrad to say goodbye and consume beer.
  7. Buy sheets, a shower curtain, and a bathroom rug.  Also possibly trash cans.
  8. Hang out with Best Friend who'll be in town Wednesday to Sunday.  (I'm moving to the city where she now lives, but I haven't seen her in a while.)
Low Priority
  1. Meet with the HR lady at work to find out if they pay out my unused sick days, or just vacation days.  If they don't pay out sick days, take a sick day.
  2. Finish as much of the blanket that I'm knitting as I can.  The goal is to be able to sleep under it by the time the cold weather hits.  (The original goal was to finish it before I move, but that's not happening.)
  3. Clean the hell out of my apartment.  (This can wait until my mom gets here at the end of the month, if need be.)
  4. Get a coffee maker with a timer and a new alarm clock.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, making a checklist is a great idea. I have a lot of the same stuff to take care of that I've been putting off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that I often can't function until I've put everything I need to do into list form. Unfortunately, I've also learned that when I'm stressed out making lists is something that I put off because the very idea of seeing everything in black-and-white scares me. Still, once a list is made, I feel better. I need to remember this. I really, really need to remember this.

    ReplyDelete